The „Client Gate” (in Hungarian: Ügyfélkapu) is the Hungarian Government’s electronic identification system providing a platform for its users to connect with Hungarian State Organizations offering electronic administration services, such as DigiD in The Netherlands.
Who can subscribe for „Client Gate”?
Any natural person who is registered in:
- the Hungarian personal data and address registry, or
- the central immigration registry of the Hungarian Immigration Authority (OIF), or
- the personal registry of aliens (foreign citizens) applying for electornic administration.
Where can you subscribe for „Client Gate”?
In person at:
- local government service offices;
- key helpdesk offices of the National Tax and Customs Administration (NAV);
- foreign diplomatic and consular representations of Hungary; or
- helpdesk of particular post offices
- as a holder of a valid Hungarian ID card issued after 1 January 2016, on this site:
Subscribing for ’Client Gate’ at the Hungarian Embassy in The Hague
The application has to be submitted in person after prior appointment. For information on booking an appointment, please see our ’Online Booking System’ page.
- Hungarian Citizens: valid Hungarian ID (ID card, driving license, passport)
- EEA Citizens: valid EEA ID or passport
- non-EEA Citizens: valid passport
The procedure is free of charge.
The duration of the procedure is about 15-20 minutes.
Note: Upon new subscription, Clients receive their initial password via e-mail. Accounts must be activated by changing the initial password within 5 days after the date of registration.
Please note: For Client gate registration you will need to provide us photo, fingerprint and signature at the consulate. This above is important because the person should appear in the country’s basic administration (landelijke basisadministratie in Dutch).