The Embassy of Hungary in The Hague is looking for a Driver/Chef
Type of the function: fulltime (40 hours a week)
Location: Embassy of Hungary in The Hague
Deadline of application: 28 August 2022
Start of employment: 16 September 2022
The Embassy of Hungary in The Hague is the official representation of Hungary in the Netherlands. The Embassy maintains and develops political, trade and cultural relations between Hungary and the Netherlands and provides consular aid and services to Hungarian citizens in the Netherlands. It also carries out tasks related to the representation of Hungary at the various international organizations based in The Hague.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and organised individual who will not only be responsible for transporting the Ambassador to and from official appointments but also has a passion for food to showcase their culinary skills.
- Certificate of good conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag), issued no later than 3 months; no criminal record
- Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the Netherlands with the correct visa/work permit status
- Level of education: minimum high school diploma
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Basic ICT skills and ability to work with Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role is an asset
- Valid driving licence (category B)
- Sound knowledge of the Netherlands
- Basic car maintenance knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in cooking continental dishes
- Knowledge and experience in baking desserts, bread, cookies etc.
- Understanding of wines and food
Main duties and responsibilities
- To safely transport the Ambassador to and from official appointments abiding by local traffic laws & regulations.
- To check destinations and ensure routes to and from the locations are safe & accessible (without on-going road works) & will not endanger driver and vehicle occupants.
- To be punctual, honest, courteous and well-dressed at all times.
- To undertake messengerial duties for pick up/drop off important official documents.
- To undertake VIP visit support duties.
- To ensure that embassy vehicles remain clean before & after every official trip.
- To undertake daily inspections of the embassy vehicles.
- To exhibit culinary talents by personally performing cooking tasks and ensuring hygiene and presentation standards are met with.
- To be aware and adaptable to changing food and cooking trends.
- To create decorative and tempting food display.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexible working hours depending on events.
- A competitive salary with vakantiegeld
Please note – the Embassy does not deduct tax at source and employees are required to ensure that any requirements of local income-tax law are complied with in full.
- A Dutch permanent contract for 40 hours a week
- 25 days paid annual leave
- A stimulating and committed international working environment with young professionals where proactivity and personal development are strongly encouraged
Please submit your application letter and CV in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to “Application for the position of Driver/Chef”. A recent picture is appreciated. Please also provide the contact details of two persons who can be contacted for reference.
Applicants who do not meet the prerequisites and required competencies should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted before the deadline will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to perform a cooking test.